Appreciation for Life’s Basic Experiences
The older I get, the more I grow appreciation for life’s basic experiences.
In a five minute period here a short while ago while standing near an open window I wrote a few things that truly bring a smile to my face.
Here’s a few of mine to throw out there (in the order they popped into my head):
– Friendship, conversations & ideas
– Creating something of value
– Helping a person in need
– Reading a book that makes me laugh or think in some new way
– Laughing with someone I care about
– Traveling to a new place
– Making a new friendship
– Hearing good news about a friend
– Watching others succeed
– Seeing the look on someone’s face when I teach them something
– The changing of seasons
– Getting out and dancing on a night off
– Watching someone do something they’re passionate about
– Listing to an old, familiar song
– Star-gazing on a clear, dark night
– Sitting around a bonfire at night with friends
– Listening to the sounds of nature/wildlife
– Hearing that I’ve made an impact on someone’s life
– Thinking through & fixing a problem
– Knowing the world is better because I’m in it
– Sitting on a beach watching the sunrise/sunset
– Watching children laugh
– Hiking and/or exploring the outdoors with friends or family
– Learning new words and definitions
– Surprising others in some way
– Listening to good story tellers
– Road trips
– Photography and capturing moments
– Rooting on a favorite sports team
Now, I’ll bet yours are different than mine, but that we also have quite a few in common.
And, that we ALL have some things we all value that are similar.
If you get a chance, list out some of the things that bring a smile to your face just by thinking of them (if they’re the same as any of mine, say so – if they’re different, say so).
I mean, really… how different are we?
#TalentPlusSkill #CompetitiveAwareness #Stress #EyesOpen #Awareness #Options #Choices #Lesson #Learn #Athlete #Coaching by SHAWN TRAUTMAN Did you really give it your all? Did you put in that 100% effort you think you did? Did you really go out there and give it all...
#BuildABrand #WelcomeToMoes #MoreThanALogo #CustomersFirst #Awareness #Options #Choices #Lesson #Learn #Branding #Business by SHAWN TRAUTMAN “Let’s Go Branding!” There was a time I’d go out of my way to find a Moe’s. I know the food isn’t quite the best quality out...
You are it. You’re the one that can make it happen. Not me. Not them. Not some stranger. Not us. You. A team of one.
“I don’t know if she understood, dad” says my daughter. “And, why do you do that to people?” I pondered this for only a few seconds before answering and then my answer was clear…
When most people think of branding, they think of colors and logos. Branding is the core essence of your existence. It’s what your brand represents. It’s what your brand conveys. It’s the imagination your brand ignites. It’s the experience and feelings and atmosphere. It’s the floors, tables, dust, and lighting. It’s the menu & word choices, the food, the speed, and the smile that comes with it. It’s the bathrooms and the soap and the garbage and the type of toilet paper. It’s the system that works to remind you that you’re there for a reason. It’s what gets you to talk about it over and over and over.
What would life look like if we had an internal check engine light that others could see? What does this mean and is it possible that we’re heading in this direction?
Coaching is much more than just winning. Here you’ll learn 20 of the top strategies for successful coaches and have your own playbook for truly making an impact as a coach.
What would happen if a large chunk of the Canary Islands did, in fact, break off? How much water would there be? How large would the tsunami be? Who would it impact and when? I explore all these thoughts and more, here.
#BlackOut #SolarFlare #Stress #EyesOpen #Awareness #Options #Choices #Lesson #Learn #AreYouReady by SHAWN TRAUTMAN Have you ever stopped and thought about what runs on the Internet nowadays? (this is important). I mean, really, if there happened to be an unexpected...
#InTheMoment #PickYourBattle #Stress #EyesOpen #Awareness #Options #Choices #Lesson #Learn #Health by SHAWN TRAUTMAN I’m paying attention, yet detaching. I’m preparing more, yet letting go. I’m watching other’s more, yet closing my eyes more. I’m sharing more, yet...